June 18, 2024

MK Army sacks Lango coordinator, appoints Engola Junior Okello to replace him

0

By Bonny Otim Ogwal (bonny.otim@vol.co.ug)

Lira City.

The top brass of the MK Army, an outfit under the MK Movement has sacked Lango sub region’s acting Coordinator Isaac Oyite Ojok from office and have replaced him with Samuel Engola Okello Junior, the son of the fallen former Minister of State for labor Charles P Okello Engola Macodwogo.

The embattled Oyite Ojok was sacked by MK Army’s vice national chairman Dr Balaam Baruhagara Atennyi mid last week over allegations of fraud, impersonation and acts that damage the reputation of the Principal and the entire MK Movement.

In a press release signed by the MK Army coordinator for Lango,Joe Omara Makin, Oyite Ojok Isaac was pushed out of office in a bid to protect the image of the image of supreme leader of the MK Movement also senior Presidential Advisor Gen Muhoozi Kainerugaba.

Oyite has also been restrained from representing, mobilizing or transacting any business in the name of MK Army until he has been cleared by the appointing authority.

Highly placed  sources at the MK Army camp told Voice of Lango that Oyite was involved in a fraudulent transaction after failing to pay one of the service providers during the launch of the MK army structure in Lango on the 1st of May 2023 at Lira City mayor’s garden.

The coordinator for MK Army Lango sub region, Mr Joe Omara Hakim confirmed to Voice of Lango FM that Oyite Ojok has been suspended over allegations of fraud, financial misappropriation and misconduct.

When contacted for a comment, Isaac Ojok Oyite told Voice of Lango Fm that he is not aware of the purge. Ojok says this is an internal matter which is being resolved by the top leadership of the MK army and that he wouldn’t want to comment on a matter of internal contradiction within the unit.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *